Monday, July 29, 2013

Chicken With Sun Dried Tomato Sauce


I got this from my favorite place.. PINTEREST! which lead me to --> Gabbi's Kitchen<--
I didnt copy it exactly when I was cooking.. The measuring thing when I cook.. its not something I like to do. I got the ingredients for the most part..but to be honest I didnt measure anything. Came out amazing!

Ingredients:


  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • Fresh ground pepper, & salt
  • 1  tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 cup onions, chopped finely
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped 
  • 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions:

  1. Heat oil in pan, season chicken with salt and pepper
  2. Cook chicken until no longer pink
  3. Remove chicken, set aside and cover
  4. Melt butter in same pan
  5. Saute onions and garlic until soft
  6. Add sun dried tomatoes to pan
  7. whisk flour over vegetables, stir and cook flour down
  8. Slowly add chicken broth, stirring constantly  
  9. Add cream, stir until it thickens.
  10. Add chicken back to pan, in the sauce. 
  11. Plate and eat! 
The original recipe, said to make pasta with it, and I am sure that would be great with it, I did mashed potatoes  and it was amazing!

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I have some Progresso sun-dried tomato sauce that I might just try making this with.Hope you pick up with posting again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I will post this honey mustard chicken I just made.. Its so hard to post recipes when I make things up as I cook.. Im trying to be better about guessing measurements!

    ReplyDelete