Friday, July 26, 2013

Crock Pot Goulash & 7up Biscuits


I got this recipe from "Paula Deen!" But I wanted it to go in the crock pot. I also didnt make as much as her recipe called for. and I omitted some ingredients, and added some of my own.

Ingredients:

  • 1 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 large yellow onions, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
  • 1 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning (Mrs dash)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
  • 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked

Directions:
saute the ground beef over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Break up the meat while sauteing. Spoon off any grease. Add the onions and garlic to the pot and saute until they are tender, about 5 minutes. 
A water, along with the tomato sauce, Meat mixture, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, soy sauce, and seasoned salt. to crock pot. Stir well. Place a lid on the pot and allow this to cook on low for 6 hours. Add the elbow macaroni, stir well, return the lid to the pot, and simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off the heat, and allow the mixture to sit about 30 minutes more before serving.
 
I also made these super yummy biscuits!!
I got his after a search for the popeyes biscuit recipe! I added the sugar glaze myself though. Because after tasting popeyes biscuits I know they have something sweet on top!!

 Ingredients:
 2 cups bisquik baking mix 
1/2 cup light sour cream 
1/2 cup Sprite
T Melted butter and T sugar (I used splenda)
 Directions: 
Mix Bisquick and sour cream with pastry blender. Stir in Sprite. Pat lightly on a floured surface. Cut out biscuits and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet at 400°F for 10 minutes. Brush with melted butter/sugar mixture  place back in oven for 2 minutes, and enjoy!
I did not roll them out. I was too hungry to wait. I just spooned them to the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment