Friday, March 29, 2013

Amber's Chicken and Dumplings

I got this recipe from a very good friend of mine. Its SO good, I have to share!

What you need:
  • Chicken breast
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 package french onion soup mix
  • biscuit dough (about 4 cans)
  • Water
Fill up a large pot 1/2 full of water. Add french onion soup mix. Let it heat up. Rinse chicken and add it, cook till no longer pink.
Take chicken out and shred it. Add cream of chicken soup to the pot, stir till dissolved, add chicken back in pot.
Add biscuit dough by ripping little pieces off (about 5 pieces per biscuit round) let cook till no longer "doughy". 

What I did different:
  • I used a rotisserie chicken (pulled apart and shredded)..instead of uncooked chicken breast.
  • I filled the pot 1/2 full with chicken stock, and 1/2 full water.
I cooked chicken stock, water, and onion mix till boiling, then reduced heat, added cream of chicken soup, the shredded chicken, and then the dumplings.


I served it with a ceasar salad, and sourdough bread with butter. (Amber made homemade bread to go with hers, which was so good, but I havent mastered the bread making, though my french loaf would have gone perfectly with this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment