Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chicken Piccata

So, not only am I obsessed with the chicken mallet, I also LOVE panko break crumbs!
I got this recipe from Pinterest, which linked to: -->THIS <--
I changed it a bit. but mostly the same. I didnt measure when I cooked it. I eyeball.


Chicken "Piccata"

  • 3 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts, pounded out (they used/made chicken cutlets)
  • 1 cup italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs (they used regular bread crumbs, not panko)
  • 1 egg, beaten 
  • 4 Tablespoons butter 
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup chicken stock 
  • 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed 
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley.(I used freeze dried)


Directions: Pour the bread crumbs in a shallow plate or dish. Pour the beaten egg in a separate shallow dish. Take one chicken cover with the egg, and then in the breadcrumbs.  Repeat with all chicken breasts

In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Place two of the coated chicken cutlets into the skillet. Cook on each side, for 4 minutes. Once thoroughly cooked, place on a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. (I place in a 250 degree oven and I only brown the chicken in the skillet). Repeat with the rest of the chicken

Pour the lemon juice, chicken stock and capers into the warm skillet. Stir and scrape up any of the loose brown bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and let sauce simmer for 5 minutes. (I added the parsley to the sauce, they used it for the pasta)

Plate chicken pour sauce on top! I served with mashed potatoes, they used pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment