Saturday, March 30, 2013

Breaded Chicken with a Creamy Garlic Basil Sauce


So I recently became obsessed with a chicken mallet! It just does something amazing to the chicken! First it makes the chicken breast larger, it tenderizes it! Using it has helped me back the best chicken I have ever eaten!
This is my FAVORITE dinner I have made in a very long time! I will make it A LOT!
This dish, was made up as I went.. I dont have measurements..
  • pound chicken 
  • Scramble a couple eggs in shallow dish
  • Mix panko bread crumbs, with equal amount of grated parmigiana cheese, a little flour and salt n pepper. 
  • Dip chicken in egg then flour mix 
  • Place in HOT pan that is lightly coated with extra virgin olive oil 
  • Brown each side then set aside on cookie sheet(repeat all chicken) 
  • Place cookie sheet in preheated 350 oven 
  • In same pan u cooked chicken, sauté minced garlic (2-3 Tablespoons or more if you like garlic)
  • then add chicken stock (1/3 at first then, 1/3 cup for more later if needed), stir bits off bottom of pan. bring to boil
  • Add basil (either chopped fresh, or freeze dried, which I did) about a full palm full? 
  • Add rinsed capers about a palm full 
  • Sprinkle flour (like a tablespoon or 2), to thicken a bit 
  • If too think add chicken stock again 
  • Add heavy cream or milk (maybe 1/2 cup)
  • Lower heat to low 
  • Add parsley and parmigiana cheese ( like a palm full ?) 
  • Take chicken out of over and place in sauce.. Cook on low for like 5 min.. Then take out chicken and plate it pour the rest of sauce over top.

 Yum! Chicken was to tender I didn't need a knife to cut!!

No comments:

Post a Comment